Saturday, April 20, 2013

It is computer upgrade time! Wnat is the best choice for a PowerPc Mac u...

Some people swear that the Intel processor line is the perfect thing for the Mac. Not that I have a personal gripe with the Intel line, it won't allow me to run my older Power-PC programs without a virtual machine such as sheep shaver.

I have many programs for the Power PC that I use for my video work and daily life that I don't want to throw in the garbage. Thus, I had to choose among 3 contenders. Watch the video to see what I chose and why. The three contenders are:
* iBook G4, 1.33ghz. 12.1" 1gb ram and 40gb HD
* IMac Intel Core 2 Duo, 2ghz, 2gb ram and a 160gb hd.
* Powermac G5, 2ghz dual processor. 6gb ram. No HD but I can get a SATA 160gb drive fairly inexpensively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home